Thursday, June 8, 2006

What's A Pooka?



In my family we have what it known as The Pooka. The Pooka is the someone or something that is responsible for the missing sock from your laundry, the car keys you can't find and the ominous glare of a roll of cardboard staring at you where once was toilet paper a moment ago. Scratch that last one, that's my husband's doing. What I am essentially getting at here, is that The Pooka seems to have taken a particular interest in me lately.

First, you should know that I am addicted to lip-gloss. All kinds, all flavors. I have Lip Smackers, Chapsticks, Blistexs, in flavors you probably you didn't even know existed. I am also constantly applying said items, so much so that people will ask to borrow my "lipstuff" without even asking if I have any first. It is an automatic that I will have some and can probably offer up six options. Knowing that, I will move on to my dilemma with The Pooka.

I did a round up of lipstuff today from my car, my purses, from my munchkins toy box and it seems that I am missing the lid/cap to 3 out of 4. This is quite aggravating as it is very un-hygienic to have lipstuff exposed to the elements. Little bits of everything stuck to my glorious shiny stuff. I will not toss it though. I have carefully cleaned all open containers and put them in individual baggies. I am a fiend.
What I would like to know is this. WHY is The Pooks stealing my caps/lids? WHAT are they being used for? Why not take the whole damn thing? Evil, sinister Pooka. Oh, the horror, oh the torture. Pooka is rubbing its hands together and cackling. One day all those caps/lids will show up at once covering the planet blocking out sunlight killing all living things. My addiction will be the demise of the human race.
Of course, it could just be my daughter taking them and hiding them. I guess we'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment