Friday, July 20, 2007

New Job

I started a new job on Monday with the same company. Since I am plainly not a good salesperson, I quite literally sucked at originiating. I really thought I would be great at it, I thought wrong. An opening presented itself at another branch and I swiped it. The deal is great though because I can still collect the duckets on the loans I originate myself. In the meantime, I am doing all kinds of mundane administrative work. It has been almost a year since I had any type of structured schedule to begin with, so this whole 9-5 thing is killing me, but to top it all off, the manager I am working for is not very good at communication like things. He asks me to do things under the assumption I know what he's talking about. He says, "Call so and so and tell them this or that about this project."

Okay, umm, where can I find so and so's number, and what exactly is going on this this or that, and what project are you talking about? I have been here two days dude, bring me up to speed. Sheesh. It's a far cry from the independence I enjoyed just one week ago where I was the boss!

Sometimes, life is just a bitch like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment