Sunday, January 4, 2009

Oh, Baby

Dan and I have been thinking about giving child rearing a second chance. We figure Emma has turned out okay so far, we should be able to raise another decent human being. I for one am very excited, since I am positive that the second will not be nearly as much work as the first.

With Emma, I was so scared and nervous all the time. All had to be perfect and germ free. I was so caught up in creating and capturing the memories just perfectly, I exhausted myself.
Now, I know its okay if everything isn't antibacterial and that the occasional pea in the ear is no big deal and that imperfection and chaos is really what makes the best memories. I have also developed an insane amount of patience. I can sit though endless hours of Noggin TV without wrapping my arms around my legs, rocking back and forth muttering incoherent things to myself. Second time around is going to be a breeze.

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment