Wednesday, February 11, 2009

He Blogs

There are few things that my husband can do for me romantically. I am not a sentimental girl. I think money is better spent on bills than flowers, and if he does the laundry, cooks dinner or cleans the house, I look at it as fair share around the house. I work too, it's a partnership. I don't believe in blind love or Hollywood endings and a few words on a greeting card don't impress me. Some say it's the thought that counts, but to me, a card is an act of thoughtlessness. Words of endearment written by someone else with your signature.

However, he did do one thing yesterday that made my heart go pitter-patter. He started a blog. And as I read his first post, I was reminded about why I fell in love and chose this man to spend the rest of my life with. His post was well thought out, with a purpose. It was written well, with capital letters and puncuation where it should be. Things that are important to me. Although his blog is for him, and not for me, I can't help but feel a little romantical thinking about all the things that I may get to discover about my husband through his blog. Things that I have taken for granted thinking I knew everything there was to know about him after these 10 years.

I am excited at the prospect of falling in love with my husband all over again.

Dan's Flapjacks

No comments:

Post a Comment