Friday, February 6, 2009

It Costs How Much?

I was pereusing craft blogs today, when I can across some really cool fabric. Fabric that I thought would make the best ever bag or quilt or duvet cover. I was really stoked about the cool fabric until I saw the price was $17 for a fat quarter. For those of you who don't know how much a fat quarter is, it is one quarter of a yard of fabric cut into a square. That is why it's called a "fat" quarter. It measures 18" x 22". That is really small. So if you were to buy one whole yard of fabric, it would cost $68.00. I think that's crazy. When I made my wedding dress from custom silk, I only paid $27.00 per yard. If you yourself would like to check the fabirc out, you can do so here. It is really cool fabric, but it would be decidely uncool to pay a ridiculous amount of money for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment