Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day Three - Tips and Tricks

Because I shop sales and buy a lot of what's on sale and because our family is tiny, I have found a few creative tricks that help make food prep and storage easy peezy.
Meat is pretty pricey, agree? Sure, you do, who wouldn't. So when meat is on sale, I buy quite a bit of it. The problem is, I have to separate all the meats into servings of three for freezing. The other problem is I don't always need three servings. Sometimes I need just one. How to solve this dilemma? I wrap my meat individually. Like this.
Then, I put all the meats into one bag. Like this. Then I put it in the freezer, like this. Oh stop it. You didn't really think I was going to show you a picture of the meat in the freezer did you?
Sure I am. Here it is. I got a little camera happy.

That's my meat shelf. Only meat goes there. Don't put anything other than meat there. I get really, really feisty if you do, so don't do it. Of course, in your freezer, you can do whatever the heck you want.

While we're taking a look into the freezer, let me show you how I store some other things. This is the veggie drawer. Look at those happy veggies!

And here's the fruit. Look at that happy fruit.
This concludes our freezer tour.




No comments:

Post a Comment