Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Reality (TV) Check

While there are many things wrong with the situation that is Jon & Kate, I won't judge. It really, truly is, none of my business, even though you try to make me open wide and eat it, I will not pass judgement. Even though every news channel is begging me to form an opionion, I just won't do it.


Instead, I will make a case for modern marriage. If you aren't ready to commit to the vows that you take, then don't do it. Don't get married. It seems very simple to me. That's my case.

The way I see it, and you may very well disagree, is this; once you make the decision to wed and procreate, you owe it to the family you had a hand in creating to stick it out for the long haul. Anything less than a full commitment to your spouse and children would be an exercise in selfishness. If you are the type of person who cannot handle that type of committment, then don't marry. Or have children. Happiness is relative.

No comments:

Post a Comment