Thursday, August 20, 2009

Super Scheduler

I am a super scheduler. I operate best when I have a clear plan of action. This doesn't mean I always stick to the schedule, but if I have a goal to reach for, I can maintain some semblance of reason and happiness.


Before Emma, I did not have a schedule. No need. I only had me to be accountable to. I thought having a child would not change that. Boy was I naive. The truth is, because I work, there is a limited amount of time to spend with Emma during the week. Also, because I work, there is limited amount of time spent with Dan, cleaning the house, reading, sewing, well, you know. Since time is so fleeting, I NEED to have a schedule, at least during the week.


I know it seems a little much, but if we didn't have this as a starting point, you can see how easy it would be to just come home, plop down and forget about doing anything else. What you see here is the "Master" schedule. It clearly outlines where we should be at certain times of the day. I made one for you if you want to give it a try. You can download it here.


You may also notice that mommy doesn't have a free time slot during the week. I get mine on the weekend. Or sometimes, Dan cooks. That's nice.


Spiritual Enlightenment Here

1 comment: