Thursday, October 22, 2009

Blogvember?

I truly enjoy blogging. I really really do. But sometimes, I wonder why I blog. What started out as a way to update my family 3000 miles away turned into rants about society, links to interesting things I found in the blogosphere, a possible way to make money, an affirmation that the things I have to say have no real significance to anyone but me. Oh how I like to hear the sound of my own voice.

I find blog culture fascinating. How does one site garner more traffic than another? Why is it necessary to maintain commentary fraught with LOL's and smiley faces? I personally would like to say what needs to be said, share what needs to be shared, absorb random commentary to validate my thoughts and make a real connection. Are blogger's words really a reflection of their actual life or is there a lot of embellishment going on? How many bloggers out there are really keepin' it real?

Personally, I have found it hard to keep it real. Some things just aren't appropriate for blog consumption. This is a public place after all. Current employer and co-workers, Emma's classmates parents, neighbors, people whom I would like to not offend with my off the wall randomness.

Many times I have said that I will post everyday. For no other reason other than to have at least a 30-day accounting of my day-to-day. You know, the randomness that makes me, well, me. I have started and failed many times, there was supposed to be A Post a Day in May and then Blogtoberfest but as you can plainly see Blogtoberfest is coming to a close and I didn't quite make my goal. So here we are, heading into November, my second favorite month of the year committing once more to a post a day. I am calling it Blogvember. You have a better name? Lay it on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment