Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Simple Kind of Life

I dream of a simple life. The kind of life where I stay home and have lots of babies, do laundry, clean the house, make dinner for my husband who works oh so hard during the day. I like the idea of doing community service projects, being well liked by the Ladies Auxiliary and president of the PTA. I would like to have a carefree spring in my step and and think to myself "I love this beautiful, simple life!" All of this could be possible except for a few tiny, small, insignificant details.

First, I happen to be very loud and opinionated. I never take anything at face value. There is always an ulterior motive and I will make a point to try to figure out what it is. A loud, opinionated housewife. Who ever heard of such a thing? Also, I get angry at a lot of things. Society, government, my neighbor, the person in the minivan who did not yield at the sign clearly stated “YIELD”. I would like to be indifferent to the plight of the world, but I feel it is my duty as a human being to make the world a better place. This mostly revolves around people doing things my way or at the very least listening to me lay out the pros and cons of why my way is the right way and theirs is wrong.

Second, I have very little patience. I like to have an agenda, meet that agenda and move on the the next item of business. Please stop dilly-dallying on my time thank-you-very-much. Very little patience and children just don't seem to go hand-in-hand.

Third, I really don’t like to fold the whites. Socks are my nemeses. By the way, I don't like the word “nemeses”don’t you think the plural of nemesis should be nemesi?

So, while I like the idea of a simple life, the truth is, life by its very nature is complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment