Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Kidney Failure and Other Hilarious Stuff

Last Thursday, Dan called me and asked if I could take him to the ER.


HUH?


Dan started a lawncare business about six months ago. He also started blood pressure medication about the same time. The weather has been getting hotter and hotter, Dan has been losing weight. Well, turns out, the combination of working outside in the heat, not drinking enough fluids and his medication caused him to go into kidney failure. Not hilarious.


I was scared to death. I thought he was going to die. Sadly, we do not have any kind of emergency plan in place. No one has a key to our house, no one could pick up Emma, no one could let Chloe out to go potty. These are all disadvanteges to living on the other side of the country from your family. Honestly, I am not sure what the advantages are either.


Dan was in the hospital for three full days, getting fluids, pumping his kidney's back up. And now, well, he is fine. It's like nothing ever happened. Crazy kid.


In other news:
Dan has his retirement ceremony from the Navy on Friday, and I bought the cutest darn dress for Emma.
I can't wait to take pictures of her in this dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment