Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Harvest Time


This picture was taken last year during the Harvest Festival. Despite the long sleeves and windblown look, it was probably 80 degrees that day. I remember thinking how miserable and disappointing that Emma may never know the fall's of my youth. The crisp air laced with the scent of fireplace wood burning at houses nearby. Things are looking up for Harvest Festival 2008 though, the weatherman promised me that that there would be a drastic drop in temperature. This could mean 80 degrees to 75, but I am yearning and wishing for upper 60's (oh, alright lower 60's is really what I want) It would just make for a better hayride through the pumpkin patch and I would feel like I got to share a small piece of something that always makes me think of my childhood. Isn't that one of the best parts about being a parent?

No comments:

Post a Comment