Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?

Lately, I have been thinking. Thinking that people expect way too much from other people.

Take for instance, this afternoon. While I was driving, down a 45 mph street, a few kids thought the other side of the road may hold greater treasures than their current location. The kids were not at an intersection, there was no crosswalk and they did not look both ways. The three of them just walked out into the street together, unaffected by the passing traffic. Did you hear that? They walked into the street. They did not run, or skip or gallop for that matter. I suppose they expected that traffic would stop for them. That's a pretty high expectation when I am behind the wheel. On penalty of prison time however, I did slow down, while giving the look. A wasted look no doubt. Since it is common knowledge that you are only allotted so many of "the look" in a lifetime, I feel doubly cheated for not being allowed to run them over and having wasted a perfectly good look that could have been better used on my daughter 10 years from now.

I suppose I should just let it go. A road is meant for crossing after all. Just ask the chicken.

Why did the chicken cross the playground? To get to the other slide.......Emma told me that joke today. Funny, funny!

3 comments:

  1. Cute Blog! I always loved the red and teal look! So fun. I like your writing style. Hope you post more soon! Have a great day Lisa and Hopefully no one else walks into the road in front of you. That is annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once a kid said to me, "Guess what?"

    "What," I replied.

    "Monkey butt," he shouted proudly.

    I'm telling you, kids should be writing for Leno and Letterman these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet they were even d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g their feet.

    ReplyDelete